Bullyproof Summer Camps:
EDMONTON GRACIE JIU-JITSU BULLYPROOF SUMMER CAMP
Summer Camp details:
Camp is open to children between the ages of 5 – 14 years old. Camps dates are August 17 to 21, 2020, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. We are located on the lower level of 5637 Riverbend Road, Edmonton, contact number 587.336.7655.
Summer Camp Fees:
Fee: $259.00 plus GST (includes EGJJ white training gi). All camp attendees must have a white Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu training gi *no other training attire permitted*. All fees are to be paid in full upon registration. Receipts will be provided once the fees are received. Sick days or any other absenteeism are not just cause for refunds or future discounts as the fee is guaranteeing the child a spot in the program.
Registration commences March 1, 2020.
Registration information packages are available electronically by contacting Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu at 587.336.7655 or [email protected]
Please note that registrations will not be processed without the signed waiver.
Completed registration forms can be dropped off to Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu (lower level of 5637 Riverbend Road) during business hours (Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.).
In order to ensure every participant gets the most from their attendance, capacity is limited. Due to the fact that the program can only accommodate a set number of children, registration will be on a first come first serve basis. In the event that the camp is full, the child can be placed on a waiting list, provided we have received all proper documentation. If a child is on the waiting list, the parent will be notified of their waiting list status once that child is on the top of the list.
Payment Options: Cheque/Electronic Funds Transfer/Credit Card or Cash.
• We cannot ‘hold’ spots.
• We do not accept registrations over the phone.
• One registration form per child is requested.
• All registration forms must have the waiver section signed and payment included before they will be processed.
• Registrations will be confirmed via email confirmation.
• If you are unsure about the status of your submitted registration form, please call the Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu at 587.336.7655 to follow up.
• Full refunds will be issued if camp is cancelled prior to the start date. We reserve the right to cancel camp, if necessary, and notification of which will be sent via email.
• If a registrant withdraws, in writing, 14 or more days before the start date they may receive a refund less the $50 non-refundable deposit. Refunds will be issued in the same form of payment that was initially used. There are no discounts or refunds for days not attended.
• If a registrant withdraws, in writing, from a camp less than 13 days before the start date no refund will be issued.
• No refunds will be issued when a registrant has been asked to leave the camp.
Drop off and Pick up Location
In order to maintain accountability, it is requested that parents/guardians escort children to Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu on the lower level of 5637 Riverbend Road. Children are to be picked up from the same location. If your child will be dropped off and entering the facility by themselves, please advise so alternate arrangements can be made to meet your child at the front doors.
Who can pick up your child?
Only individuals whose names are provided on the registration form will be allowed to pick-up the child. Only when written permission is provided in advance will other individuals be allowed to pick up the child. We require all adults to present photo ID and signature when picking up children from camp. This includes any early dismissal arrangements. In order for us to best ensure the well-being of your child, we will NOT release your child to anyone other than those listed on the registration form. Should you like us to release your child to individuals that are not listed on the form, the parent/guardian MUST provide us with written permission.
Should a child not be attending or is going to be late for camp on any given day, it is requested that parents/guardians notify Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu beforehand. A phone call to 587.336.7655 can be made and a message can be left if the office is closed. If a child is unaccounted for at the start of the program, and no contact from the parent/guardian has been made, Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu will make every effort to contact the parent/guardian by telephone.
If your child has a medical concern, please ensure that our office knows in advance of the camp. Be sure to list any type of medication (over the counter or prescription) that your child might need during their attendance at camp. It must be administered or observed by a camp staff member.
Please ensure all medications are in their original containers and clearly states your child’s full name. *Parents/Guardians are to list all allergies and medications required on the camp registration form.
Summer Camp needs:
• Attire: Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu white training gi are mandatory for camp.
• Gis to be purchased through Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu if required.
• Water bottle
• For safety reasons, please do not include any kind of nuts or peanut butter in snacks or lunches as a growing number of children have life threatening allergies to nuts. Due to the size and diversity of the Riverbend Athletic Club, there is no guarantee that peanuts and other nut products will not be on or around the locations of the camp. Thank you for your cooperation for making the environment as safe as possible.
• All belongings should be clearly labeled.
Participants should NOT bring:
• T-shirts, ball caps, or any other article of clothing that have inappropriate words, slogans or pictures.
• Weapons (authentic or not)
We strongly discourage children from bringing personal electronics to camp (iPad, electronic games, cell phones, etc.). Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu will not assume any liability for anything lost, stolen or damaged.
Summer Camp Behavior Management Guidelines
All students and members of Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu shall observe and abide by the rules and regulations of the summer camp. Children are to remain in the care of the camp for the programming times (9:00 to 12:00 p.m.), unless prior arrangements have been made with Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. All children are entitled to programming that is safe, healthy, fun and provides learning opportunities that promote growth and development. We expect all children to treat each other, staff and volunteers with courtesy and respect represented at Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Our expectations are modeled through the conduct and behavior of staff. The role of camp staff is to nourish a child’s sense of importance while showing them how to interact appropriately with others. To ensure a child’s safety, while fostering social and emotional development, it is necessary to define acceptable behavior through the use of conflict resolution. If a child infringes on the rights of anyone in the camp, an Incident Report will be filed, reviewed and signed by the parent/guardian and Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. If unacceptable behavior persists, a meeting may be requested by Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu with the parent/guardian in order to rectify the situation. Due to our “Zero Tolerance” policy, it is under the authority of Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu to discontinue the enrollment of any child at any time due to consistent unacceptable behavior.
Zero Tolerance is implemented in Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu’s Summer Camp to ensure the safety and well-being of all its participants. Any type of inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated including physical, verbal, sexual or psychological abuse; bullying; or discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical/emotional challenges or socioeconomic status. The protocol with a child that violates the above statement is;
• The child will be informed of what the incident was,
• The parent/ guardian or the alternate contact will be notified and the child
will be released from the programs care to one of those individuals.
• The child is not to return to the program until verbal contact has been made
with Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu with the parent/guardian of the child, and the situation is resolved.
All incidents occurring in the program will be documented in an “Incident Report”,
placed in the file of the child involved and acknowledged by the parent/guardian,
and Edmonton Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. If the incident is of a serious nature, or is reoccurring, the child will be removed permanently from the camp.